KILEVILLE BRANCH - Executive Summary
1. The owners, management and employees of Champaign Landmark, Inc., are committed to the prevention of any accidental release of anhydrous ammonia. If an accidental release should occur, the facility will work with local fire departments, or any other authorities to mitigate any release and minimize the impact of the release on the public and the environment. |
2. The Kileville facility is located northwest of Dublin, Ohio along the CSX railroad. This facility is a grain and fertilizer facility that uses anhydrous ammonia for direct application for crop production nutrition. Kileville receives anhydrous by truck only. Kileville has a 18,000 gal tank that would have a maximum of 79,560 lbs. storage. The maximum handled would be while unloading a semi tanker holding 42,000 lbs.
3. The worst case scenario would be the release of the total contents of the storage tank released as a gas over 10 minutes. The maximum quantity relased would be 79,560 lbs which represents 85% of the s
torage tank. The distance to the endpoint (point of dispersion to 200pm) is .83 miles.
4. The alternative release scenario is based on a five year accident history (or the most likely potential) is a release from a break in a 2" transfer hose. The distance to the endpoint (point of dispersion to 200ppm) is .41 miles, with a release of 11,908 lbs.
5.The Kileville facility has implemented the OSHA standard 29 CFR 1910.111 for the storage and handling of anydrous ammonia. ODA and other regulations are followed.
6. There have been no accidental releases of anhydrous ammonia in the past five years that have caused any deaths, injuries, or singnificant property damage.
7.Our Emergency Response Program has been recently reviewed and gone over with all personnel.
8. Our company policy is to remain proactive in the areas of safety and accident prevention. With the ODA - Workers Comp and our own audits we feel that the chances for accidental releases are minimal. We are making no sp
ecific anhydrous ammonia safety changes at this time.