Delta Distributors, St. Gabriel - Executive Summary
"Delta Distributors, Inc. is committed to continued excellence, leadership, and stewardship in protecting the environment. Environmental protection is a primary management responsibility, as well as the responsibility of every employee. In keeping with this policy, our objective as a company is to reduce waste and achieve minimal adverse impact on air, water, and land through excellence in environmental control. |
We recognize that the responsibilities for safety, health and the environment
1. We accept the responsibility for leadership of the safety & health program, and for its effectiveness and improvement, and for providing the safeguards required to ensure safe conditions.
2. Our managers and supervisors are responsible for developing the proper attitudes toward safety, health and the environment in themselves and in those they supervise; and for ensuring that all operations are performed with the utmost regard for the safety and health of all personnel involved, includ
3. Our employees are responsible for wholehearted, genuine cooperation with all aspects of the safety and health program, including compliance with all rules and regulations, and for continuously practicing safety while performing their duties.
Our environmental guidelines include the following:
1. Environmental protection is a line responsibility and an important measure of employee performance. In addition, every employee is responsible for environmental protection in the same manner as for safety.
2. Reducing or eliminating the generation of waste has been and continues to be a prime consideration in research, process design, and operations; and is viewed by management like safety, yield and loss prevention.
3. Source reduction / waste minimization (reuse and recycling) of materials has been and will continue to be given first consideration prior to classification and disposal of waste.
The systemic program review and update shall include:
1. Periodic review of p
2. Evaluation of new and modified waste management practices, and
3. Revision of the Plan when necessary.
Our St. Gabriel, LA chemical distributing facility has tank, tote, bag, and drum. It handles millions of pounds of chemicals / year. We have an Emergency Response Plan that assigns responsibilities for preventing hazardous releases.
The following chemicals are listed in process one:
In regard to Hydrochloric Acid safety, this material is stored in drums, outside, away from strong acids, strong alkalis, alkali metals, brass, copper, hypochlorites, and other incompatible materials. We have available self-contained breathing apparatus in case of an emergency spill or other release of liquid and vapor."