Allerton Supply Company Inc. (Ridge Farm location) - Executive Summary
1. THE FACILITY POLICY: The owners, management, and employees of Allerton Supply Company at Allerton are committed to the prevention of any accidental releases of anhydrous ammonia by utilization of proper equipment, regular inspections and maintenance and training of all persons that work with the material. Should an accidental release occur, the facility has orientated the local fire department and the local emergency planning committee so they can plan for response to any release and minimize the impact of the release to people and the environment. |
2. FACILITY INFORMATION: The primary activity at the facility is the storage of anhydrous ammonia for sale to farmers. Anhydrous ammonia is received, stored, and distributed for direct application as a crop production nutrient. The maximum quantity stored would be 140,000 pounds in the facility's one tank. The capacity of this tank is 30,000 gallons water capacity.
3. THE WORST-CASE RELEASE SCENARIO has off site impact.
LTERNATIVE-CASE RELEASE SCENARIO will have off site impact.
4. THE ACCIDENTAL RELEASE PROGRAM: The facility complies with the Rules and Regulations relating to The Handling of Anhyrous Ammonia. These regulations administered by the Illinois Department of Agriculture are consistent with ANSI K61.1 and OSHA 29 CFR 1910.111 regarding storage and handling of anhydrous ammonia.
5. THE FIVE-YEAR ACCIDENT HISTORY: There have been no accidental releases of anhydrous ammonia for the covered process in the past five years.
6. THE EMERGENCY RESPONSE PROGRAM: The facility has a written emergency action plan in accordance with OSHA standard 29SFR 1910.38 and has provided state and local authorities the emergency planning and community right-to-know information as required under SARA Title III of EPCRA. Our emergency response action plan has been reviewed with the local fire department and provided to the local emergency planning committee for coordination in the community response plann
7. PLANNED CHANGES TO IMPROVE SAFETY: Safety improvements is an on-going process at the facility. Periodic evaluations are performed to asses the maintenance of safe practices and operations. There are no additional specific anhydrous ammonia safety recommendations for implementation at this time.