DeGoede Brothers L.L.C. - Executive Summary
Executive Summary |
DeGoede Brothers, L.L.C.
5816 162nd Avenue East
Sumner, WA 98390
FACILITY AND REGULATED SUBSTANCES HANDLED
DeGoede Brothers, L.L.C. is a wholesale nursery in operation for over 30 years. We have two growing facilities with the "Farm Range" located at 7104 166th Avenue East, Sumner, being the topic of this RMP. We grow numerous different types of plants for the retail market.
We at DeGoede's strive to make the workplace a safe environment and have made every effort to do so. Our potential hazardous materials are four propane tanks at the above facility totaling 17,000 lb. We also maintain a chemical storage area.
We provide our employees with a Right to Know handbook and maintain a MSDS handbook accessible to all employees as well as clearly marking sprayed areas with DO NOT ENTER signs. We also have periodic safety meetings.
ACCIDENTAL RELEASE PREVENTION AND EMERGENCY RESPONSE:
1. In the case of leak or explosion, there is to be immediate notification to a
ll employees via 2-way radio to evacuate area immediately.
2. Phone 911 and notify appropriate agencies of the potential of a 3.2 mile hazard.
3. Coordinate with local fire department on proper procedures and clean up.
WORST CASE RELEASE SCENARIO
Release and explosion of 17,000 lb. Propane.
In the above worst case, there is a potential 3.2 mile radius that could be affected. This would include residential as well as commercial areas. Notification and cleanup would then be coordinated with local fire department.
GENERAL ACCIDENTAL RELEASE PREVENTION PROGRAM
1. Ecology blocks surround the propane tanks to prevent damage to tanks
2. Propane line is located underground and has two barrier posts located around line entrance to greenhouse
3. Shut off value located at entrance to building
4. We follow all local fire department regulations as well as OSHA regulations
FIVE YEAR ACCIDENT HISTORY
EMERGENCY RESPONSE PROGRAM
Same as Accidental Release Prevention
PLANNED CHANGES T
O IMPROVE SAFETY
None at present time. All precautions have been made.